Woman’s pet dog perishes in NSW house fire

A WOMAN’s pet dog has sadly perished after a fire swept through her house in Sydney’s southwest.

The woman’s Macquarie Road home at Ingleburn went up in flames around 1.30am on Saturday.

Firefighters arrived to find the blaze burning in the rear kitchen of the home.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A passerby braved the inferno and pulled a 52-year-old woman from the burning home.

She was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to Liverpool Hospital for treatment.

Sadly, the woman’s small pet dog was found dead inside the property shortly after the flames were extinguished.

Initial investigations suggest the fire started on a stove in the kitchen.

Police say there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the blaze.