Worker suffers electric shock at Gold Coast business

A Gold Coaster’s been hospitalised after he suffered an electric shock at a workplace this morning.

Paramedics were called to a business in Southport around 10.20 am, following reports of the incident.

They assessed a man at the scene before taking him to hospital for further treatment.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


He’s understood to be in a stable condition at the Gold Coast University Hospital, but Queesand Ambulance Service couldn’t confirm any other details about his injury.

His age has not yet been confirmed either.

There are reports he was working on a roof at the time of the incident.

**Author’s note: this article has been updated.